Apple ME918LL/A AirPort Extreme Base Station White
Use price history to decide if it's a good time to buy
Want to know if the price drops?
- Ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi With 802.11ac technology and a powerful beamforming antenna array, AirPort Extreme gives you up to 3x faster Wi-Fi and a stronger, clearer signal.
- And because it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time, your wireless devices will automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest performance possible.
- Designed with performance in mind With the antennas at the top of the elevated design, AirPort Extreme now has a higher platform for dispersing the signal. We also increased the number of antennas.
- There are now six of them -three for the 2.4GHz band and three for the 5GHz band. Together with 802.11ac technology, they let you connect faster, farther, and with more power than ever before.
- Easy setup for iOS and OS X Connect your DSL or cable modem to AirPort Extreme and use the built-in setup assistant to create your new wireless network in just a few taps from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- If you're using a Mac, use the built-in AirPort Utility. Setup is just as fast and just as easy.
- Share your hard drive or printer AirPort Extreme can turn any external USB hard drive into a secure drive you can share across your Wi-Fi network.
- So all the documents, videos, photos, and other files instantly become available to anyone, Mac and PC users alike. You can even connect a printer and share it wirelessly.¹
- Compatibility and security Any Wi-Fi device you have will work with AirPort Extreme. That's because it's compatible with devices using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac specifications.
- And since AirPort Extreme features a built-in firewall that protects your network from malicious Internet attacks, you can enjoy the web with peace of mind.
- ¹Wireless printing over USB requires a compatible printer and OS X 10.2.7 or later or Windows 8, 7 SP1, Vista SP2 or XP SP3. Sharing a USB hard drive requires OS X 10.4.8 or later or Windows 8, 7 SP1, Vista SP2 or XP SP3.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
- iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Number of WAN Ports
AirPort Utility APP
1300 megabits per second
Number of LAN Ports
Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts
1 year limited
Mac with OS X 10.7.5 or later and AirPort Utility 6.3
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
AirPort Extreme Base Station
Manufacturer's Warranty - Labor
1 year limited
Internet of Things (IoT) Compatible